tree_of_life__kabbalah_by_tareeree-d3cr5xd
The Qabalah is a theosophical system stemming from Jewish mystical inner teachings.  It contains great knowledge for those who wish to study it, yet it holds even greater relevance for those seeking a psychic quest or spiritual adventure.

Qabalah is not composed of fixed ideas.  Instead,  it trains the student in new ways to think. The word Qabalah is from the root word, Qabal, which means “to receive.” Qabalah means “the reception.” The student must be open to receive the concepts via symbols.

Qabalah teaches us there is only one great being, a self who is the entirety of the universe. This One Being is all that was, is or will be. There is no obsession with simple dichotomies of “good versus evil” that limit overall awareness. There is one, with no secondary attribution. There is no “other.”

The Qabalistic method consists of a series of related symbols upon which the student reflects. As an inner relationship between the symbols becomes clear, the student taps into energy the symbol represents and encounters a deep awakening. Through this process, the awareness shifts from a personal search for meaning to that of the One Being, currently enjoying being a human in time.

The basic teaching diagram of Qabalah is the Tree of Life. This complex meditational and philosophical system can be considered a synthesis of the best mystery teachings of the world. This is because it contains all possible combinations of the nature of the universe. Everything–all matters of religion, science and philosophy–has a place upon the tree. Therefore it is a practical guide as well as a theoretical treatise.  The Tree of Life provides the mind with a system of classifying all knowledge and experience while it reveals the meaningful relationships between them.

The 22 pathways connecting the ten spheres of the Tree of Life are the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet, represented in pictorial form as the 22 major arcana of the Tarot. It is helpful to think of the Tree of Life as the Rosetta Stone of the mysteries. It has been called a roadmap of the path of return. This is because, as Gareth Knight says in Qabalistic Symbolism:

It could be regarded as the mystical process in reverse. A natural mystic will have his visions by what he would no doubt call ‘the grace of God’ and would then attempt to write them down in symbolism or analogy–the nearest approximate metaphors in the language of the mind.  The Qabalah, by a study of symbolism, helps the Qabalist to break through to the reality that the mystic has attempted to describe.

Through the composite symbol of the Tree of Life we are able to comprehensively understand what the Greeks meant by Aphrodite, Zeus or any of the other Olympians. We can learn what the Egyptians meant by Osiris, Isis or Ra; what the American Indians meant by Spider Woman, White Buffalo Calf Woman; what the Irish meant by Brigid or Cú Chulainn. And on and on. As far as books that mankind has created in their search for the Divine, we not only have the Bible, but also the I Ching: Book of Changes, The Egyptian Book of the Dead, and many more.  So even though the Qabalah is primarily a Judaic system, the layout of the Tree of Life can act as a study course in comparative religions! It’s a great way to honor all paths to the Divine and see the unity of our diversity in effect.

Therefore, study of the Qabalah not only interprets various mythologies and religious beliefs, it also opens up understanding of astrology, alchemy and the Tarot!

If you would like to learn more about Tarot and the Qabalah, contact Storm today set up your individualized classes in Heroic Tarot Academy!

Storm Arcana (415)260-2903/stormantic@gmail.com